Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BS ME)
The Mechanical Engineering program provides in-depth coverage in mechanical system processes, supervision of construction, operation and maintenance, planning of engineering projects, and general engineering management. The latter years of the program delves into major areas concerning Engineering Management, Automation, Instrumentation and Controls, Mechatronics, Fuels and Combustion, and Manufacturing Systems.
❓ Course Requirements
- Pass the Entrance Test for Engineering & Architecture
- At least a grade of 80 in Science and Math subjects in the final grades in Grades 11 & 12.
- Pass the interview conducted by the Dean or by the enrolment committee.
- Take the bridging program for tracks beyond STEM.
📖 Learning Objectives
The Mechanical Engineering Program at Don Bosco Technical College implements the Founder’s mission of helping the young to:
- Serve and lead in meeting the scientific, technological, managerial and social needs of businesses and industries in the local and global economy, through collaboration and innovation.
- Provide solutions to improve lives and livelihoods, using mathematical, physical, engineering and social sciences together with modern and appropriate technology, and through the conscientious practice of mechanical engineering or other related fields.
- Engage in lifelong learning and professional development through self-study, research, continuing professional education or graduate studies in mechanical engineering or other related fields
- Deepen spirituality and live out the Gospel values through active service, with integrity and prayer, within his/her community
🌎 Learner Outcomes
After undergoing the educational program of Don Bosco Technical College, the mechanical engineering graduate will:
- Analyze and evaluate real-world problems using knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- Formulate and solve engineering problems Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for mechanical engineering practice
- Design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints
- Lead and serve a multi-disciplinary team
- Communicate effectively using different mediums
- Practice mechanical engineering in the workplace in a professional and ethical manner
- Analyze contemporary issues related to the field of mechanical engineering
- Assess the impact of mechanical engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- Engage in lifelong learning
- Practice honesty and integrity in his working environment and in his community
- Witness his/her faith both in his/her community and family life
👓 Program Specializations
- Design and manufacturing
- Materials testing and heat treatment
- Machining and fabrication
- Industrial Automation
- Instrumentation and controls
- Energy systems
- Refrigeration, ventilation and air-conditioning systems design, operation and maintenance
- Design and installation of small conventional and renewable energy systems
🔍 Program Research & Development Focus
- Sustainable transport
- Renewable energy
- Resource management
- Energy efficiency
- Waste management
- Physical resources (facilities, equipment, supplies)
- Educational equipment development