Aircraft Maintenance Technology (AMT)
Aircraft Maintenance Technology is a 2-year technician program within the DBTC campus, plus a 3-month Supervised In-Plant Training (SIPT) in reputable companies and industrial workplaces. Students are taught to have mastery over reciprocating machines and familiarity in jet engine operations. The program fosters love for craftsmanship, commitment to quality, and passion for safety. In the end, graduates of this program are specialized technicians in both Airframe and Powerplant, and are qualified to continue towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical Engineering and in related fields.
The aim of the Aircraft Maintenance Technology course is to train and develop students’ confidence and precision in the performance of his/her skills. The students will answer the needs of the modern day aviation technology wherein they would be able to deliver reliable and safe “return-to-service” work, whether on the ground or in the air, with minimum supervision. This development will be accompanied with values formation, firm discipline and professionalism that all AMT students must possess.
📖 Program Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives of the Aviation Maintenance Technology (Airframe and Powerplant)
- Provide aviation graduates with the technical knowledge and skills required by the aviation industry to maintain a variety of aircraft systems to the highest standards.
- Prepare the graduates for a successful career as effective decision makers with strong communication and teamwork skills and an understanding of the of the global ethical and social implications of the aviation industry.
- Prepare graduates with a strong commitment to lifelong learning, continuing education and professional growth.
- Provide graduates with leadership qualities and commitment to contribute actively to achieving the regulatory authorities’ mission.
🌎 Program Student Outcomes
- Ability to apply the acquired comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge in accordance with the national and international aviation authorities’ regulations and manufacturer instructions.
- An ability to identify, explain, formulate and solve aviation maintenance engineering problems, select and apply appropriate analytical methods and modeling techniques.
- Ability to analyze a system component or process; utilized advance design methods to meet the defined requirements under realistic constraints.
- An Ability to identify and analyze problems, propose solutions based on research, proof and results from different sources and measurements; developed appropriate Corrective action.
- An ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally, and graphically and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity.
- An understanding of the need for commitment to quality, safety, timeliness and to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
🛫 Learning Objectives
The course aims to develop students learning skills on how to perform the following on aircraft:
by providing a comprehensive theoretical learning (knowledge & skills) and a high level of performance (practical skills) based on intensive outcome-base-education (OBE).
🎓 Learner Outcomes
The course aspires to produce competent, responsible Aircraft Maintenance Technicians, with a solid foundation on the following:
- Fundamentals of Aerodynamics
- Fundamentals of Aircraft Systems
- Fundamentals on Aircraft Ground Safety and Inspections
- Knowledge on Aircraft Materials and Processes
- Proficiency in proper documentation
Frequently Asked Questions
✈ What are the courses offered in AMT?
Airframe and Powerplant are combined in this program, which prepare students to service fuselage and airplane engines. The subjects offered will also be extended to enable AMT graduates to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical Engineering.
(In the near future, Avionics will be added to the program).
👨🏻✈️ What are the advantages of enrolling in AMT?
Graduates eager to get immediate work may apply in aviation-related industries. About six months after, your employer could endorse your application for a CAAP Rating - a certification which qualifies you for higher job positions both locally and internationally. You may also decide to continue studies towards a Bachelor’s degree.
💳 What are the payment schemes available for the course?
For school year 2019-2020, please contact the Admission Office: Trunk Line: +63(2) 531-8081 to 83 Local 1188
🤔 Are there scholarships available for the course?
Scholarships are now available for deserving students. If you are interested in pursuing a scholarship, please proceed to or contact the admissions office. Trunk Line: +63(2) 531-8081 to 83 Local 1188