Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering (BS ECE)
The BS in Electronics Engineering (BS ECE) program develops the student’s knowledge and skills in planning, design, and implementation of systems, processes, procedures and products in the fields of telecommunications, data communications and computer networks, satellite and optical fiber communications, computer programming and interfacing, electronics devices and circuits, automation and process control, robotics, embedded systems, and instrumentation and telemetry systems.
Student learning is based on aspects of mathematics, physics and electronics, computing, entrepreneurship and management fundamentals.
❓ Course Requirements
- Pass the Entrance Test for Engineering & Architecture
- At least a grade of 80 in Science and Math subjects in the final grades in Grades 11 & 12.
- Pass the interview conducted by the Dean or by the enrolment committee.
- Take the bridging program for tracks beyond STEM.
📖 Learning Objectives
The Electronics Engineering Program implements Don Bosco's mission of helping the young to
- Through collaboration and innovation, effectively and efficiently serve and lead in meeting the scientific, technological, managerial and social needs of business, industries and communities in the local and global economy.
- Use the foundation in the mathematical, physical and basic engineering sciences as well as human relations in providing solutions to improve lives and livelihoods through the conscientious practice of mechanical engineering or other related fields.
- Engage in lifelong learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education or graduate and professional studies in engineering or other fields.
🌎 Learner Outcomes
The graduates of the BS ECE program shall be able to:
- Solve real-world problems using knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints, in accordance with standards
- Function in multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Identify, formulate, and solve Electronics Engineering problems
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility
- Communicate effectively Electronics Engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large
- Assess the impact of Electronics Engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Engage in lifelong learning
- Analyze contemporary issues related to the field of electronics engineering
- Use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for Electronics Engineering practice
- Understand engineering and management principles as a member and leader of a team, and to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment
- Practice honesty and integrity in their working environment and in their community