Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (BS CpE)
The program focuses on design and analysis of hardware systems and algorithms. It emphasizes on embedded computer systems in intelligent computer vision, smart controls, robotics, and signal processing. The program offers a balanced study on theoretical concepts, practical engineering skills, and teamwork.
The program embodies the science and technology of design, development, implementation, maintenance and integration of software and hardware components in modern computing systems and computer-controlled equipment.
❓ Course Requirements
- Pass the Entrance Test for Engineering & Architecture
- At least a grade of 80 in Science and Math subjects in the final grades in Grades 11 & 12.
- Pass the interview conducted by the Dean or by the enrolment committee.
- Take the bridging program for tracks beyond STEM.
📖 Learning Objectives
The Computer Engineering Program of Don Bosco Technical College implements Don Bosco's mission of helping the young to:
- Serve and lead in meeting the scientific, technological, managerial and social needs of businesses and industries in the local and global economy through collaboration and innovation.
- Provide solutions to improve lives and livelihoods using science and technology of design, development, implementation, maintenance and integration of software and hardware components in modern computing systems and computer-controlled equipment.
- Engage in lifelong learning and professional development through self-study; research, continuing professional education or graduate studies in computer engineering or other related fields.
- Deepen spirituality and live out the Gospel values through active service, with integrity and prayer, within his/her community.
🌎 Learner Outcomes
After undergoing the educational program of Don Bosco Technical College, the computer engineering graduate will:
Possess the ability to design computers, computer-based systems and networks. This includes both hardware, software, and their integration to solve novel engineering problems subject to trade-offs involving a set of competing goals and constraints.
Have a breadth of knowledge in mathematics and engineering sciences, associated with the broader scope of engineering and beyond that narrowly required for the field.
Acquire and maintain a preparation for professional practice in engineering.
Be able to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
Be able to design and conduct experiments. as well as analyze and interpret data.
Use appropriate techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for computer engineering practice to be locally and globally competitive.
Design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic time and resource constraints
Function with multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
Communicate effectively in both the Filipino and English language, as well as through verbal and non-verbal means of communication.
Practice professional and ethical responsibility.
Analyze contemporary issues.
Assess the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
Engage in lifelong learning and to keep current of the development in a specific field of specialization
Apply acquired computer engineering knowledge and skills for national development
Practice honesty and integrity
Witness his/her faith daily
🧠 Knowledge Areas
- Circuits and Electronics
- Computing Algorithms
- Computer Architecture and Organization
- Digital Design
- Embedded Systems
- Computer Networks
- Professional Practice
- Information Security
- Emerging Technologies
- Signal Processing
- Systems and Project Engineering
- Software Design
- Occupational Health & Safety
🔍 Program R&D Focus
- Network Security
- Renewable energy
- Resource management
- Educational equipment development